Navigating the Future World of Work: How 6 Careers Clusters are Supporting Coaching Conversations with Tomorrow's Top Talent, with Lucy Sattler, CEO of Study Life GrowJun 13, 2023
Here's a fun fact: By 2025, Gen Z is tipped to represent 27% of the workforce. But are we ready for them? And how can we best prepare them to be ready for us?
In this episode of Classroom 5.0, I sat down with Lucy Sattler, CEO of Study Work Grow, to explore their 6 careers clusters that are helping Gen Z navigate their decision making around how to best contribute to the future world of work.
From serving fried chicken to co-ordinating military air traffic for the Royal Australian Air Force, Lucy's career has been anything but straightforward. Today, as CEO and founder of Study Life Grow, she uses the leadership skills she learned in her ADFA days to help hundreds of thousands of kids figure out what life after school looks like for them.
Click below to listen
"If you've got an employer who is not embracing purpose, I would say good luck! They are going to find it hard, because this next generation is so bright and passionate, and they want to see change. They're really exciting young people you’ll want to work with.....We also know that they're not going to leave school go into that job and then stay in that job for the next forty five years. They’re going to have multiple jobs. So we need a better way to support them".
~ Lucy Sattler, CEO of Study, Work, Grow
NOW ON YOUTUBE!
Click below to watch
In this episode, we explore:
- What training at ADFA really looks like behind the scenes, and how Lucy transferred her leadership skills she gained there, across to what she does now.
- How Study Work Grow is helping teachers students and parents gain access to current and exciting careers information and resources
- The future of learning, and where people are gathering and sharing meaningful resources relevant to careers
- The 6 Careers Clusters, and how you can use them to spark meaningful career conversations with young people
- How we can work with youth to reduce their anxiety about the future world and workforce
- The role purpose plays in the workforce today, and how Gen Z are stepping into impact
- Lucy’s vision to ensure all students are equipped with tools and resources to create meaningful after school pathways
Keen to take a deeper dive?
- Check out Study Work Grow here
- Read about the careers clusters here
- Read the original Foundation for Young Australians reports and the skills clusters here
- Agree that we can and should track micro-credentials? Listen back to episode 4, with Jan Owen and hear about the work they’re doing at Learning Creates, in poddie episode here
- Read about Learning Creates here
- Read The Chaos Theory of Careers: A New Perspective on Working in the Twenty-First Century here
Ready to explore your own goals around wellbeing and purpose? I'd love to support you!!
Head on over to my psychology and coaching home page here, and submit an enquiry form to get the ball rolling on your own change journey.
Download your free Idea to Impact Cheatsheet!! 👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼
Sign up for the Classroom 5.0 newsletter and get your hands on a FREE Idea to Impact Cheatsheet, designed to help you set impact goals and create change for good 🙌🏽
🚀 Hey parents and teachers!
Do you know about The Posify Academy?
This podcast, Classroom 5.0, was born off the back of our work at The Posify Group, a socially conscious education company I co-founded with my sister, Jenna O'Connell. Our vision is to see every child have access to education that helps them to discover and develop their own big ideas for the future.
Right now, you can access our flagship program, The Posify Academy, for free. It helps teens aged 11 - 14 discover their passions and interests, build their creativity and confidence, and learn positive psychology habits that improve their wellbeing!
Click below to learn more 👇
We'd like to say a big thanks to Clint Ranse and his team at My Video Productions, who have kindly sponsored Season 3 of Classroom 5.0!Check them out here and below 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
Loved what you heard?
Here's three simple and fast things you can do to support the podcast.
1. 💌 Sign up for the Classroom 5.0 Newsletter here,
Or click on the picture below, so you continue to hear when these episodes go live! You'll also gain access to a free Insight to Impact Cheatsheet created especially for you too! 💌
2. 🙋🏼♀️ Share this episode, and others!
If this episode is a meaningful to you as it was to me, please tell your friends, your family, your colleagues and your boss about it! It takes conversations like these to prompt collective action that creates change. You can copy and paste the URL here, or find, comment and share on our social posts -
IG - @messymagicmakers & @posifygroup
FB - @posifygroup & @mariane.power.pscyhology
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/marianepower/
3. 🌟 Rate and Review the Podcast.
If this episode brings you joy, or inspires your own impact in anyway, it would mean the world if you would take the time to rate the podcast, and write a review. Your words matter, and they guide what and how we can best use this platform to create meaningful change. Rate and review on apple podcasts here
Thanks for listening, and helping to imagine alive the future of learning, work and leadership!